my dilemma: m2300k or piece together 99-04 non cobra pbr stuff

fivespeedsteed

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
Richmond, VA
so ive been trying to trace down parts, i was planning on a 93 cobra r booster, and mc, and 99-04 non cobra front brake calipers, and 94-95 rear calipers, but i get confused when looking around the mm site for stainless lines and such, but i called mm and asked what they would do for a fun street car and jason told me the end all thing was the m2300k kit. if i get the kit it comes with everything i need to get it working right? i would need nothing else right? i dont mind replacing my 5 lug stuff now because i could sell it all in a package, but do you think its worth it to do the m2300k kit? and i can do all of it in my driveway right? and my ebrake would work ?

• Sponsors (?)

That kit is way overpriced. I looked into that kit too, but I pieced my Cobra brake swap together using ALL NEW parts for much cheaper than that. Sure, you have to do your homework, but you'll be saving yourself a LOT of money. That and IIRC that kit widens your rear track, which will screw up your wheel choices.

No ****ing way would i buy that kit with the availability of the stuff used! Don't need the expensive cobra booster/mc either. I'm running 99v6 booster/mc, rear brakes(ran ranger axles for awhile, now moser 28's fox length), and front PBR's with 95 spindles. Don't need the North Cobra brackets for the rear either..cut the stockers to slip over the axle tube and flip them side for side. Big thread over on the corral if you search on how to do it.

so you cant run 17x8s with sn length axles? where did you buy your cobra stuff new? i cant find anywhere online to get them? where do you get antimoan brackets?

M-2300-M kit. $175. All you would need are brake hoses, calipers and 94-98 axles.

I have the M2300K kit...although I didn't buy it. I peiced it together for well under $1000. I'm running an SN95 booster (Cobra booster and SN95 are all 205mm tandem boosters...so doesn't matter which you run) and a 1993 cobra MC. I have Mach 1 front brakes and cobra rear brakes.

I'm running 17x8 '97 Cobra wheels..but swapping to Bullitts shortly.

Search around. A lot of guys have done this swap. I detail it out quite well in my progress thread. Working e-brake too

so you cant run 17x8s with sn length axles? where did you buy your cobra stuff new? i cant find anywhere online to get them? where do you get antimoan brackets?

I think you can, but you'll start running into troubles if you want to run anything wider. Its just a set of handcuffs you should try to avoid.

I bought my Cobra calipers from Buy Ford Racing Parts!. I avoid business with them now because their customer service blows ass, but they have good deals on calipers these days. The rest of everything I needed I got from Mustang Parts & Accessories at 50resto and parts stores like Napa and Auto Zone. Actually, if I were to do it over again, I'd try harder to buy more through the parts stores. Don't pay for shipping, and you don't wait on parts as long. I'm on week 3 waiting for 3 ****ing backordered parts from 5.0 Resto, which is stuff I could have had in 2 days from Auto Zone. Buying online just sucks unless you buy from Summit or Jegs, haha.

From what I understand, you don't NEED antimoan brackets with the NRC stuff. It may moan, it may not. If it does, I'll find a used set on ebay or something.

Oh, and discbrakesrus carries a ton of obscure disk brake parts you may need. I got spindle nuts and banjo bolts from them.

That kit is way overpriced. I looked into that kit too, but I pieced my Cobra brake swap together using ALL NEW parts for much cheaper than that. Sure, you have to do your homework, but you'll be saving yourself a LOT of money. That and IIRC that kit widens your rear track, which will screw up your wheel choices.

Where did you find ALL NEW 1994-1995 Style Spindles? Ill bet those were some Serious Coin!

well i just paid for some pbrs and hoses, so the fronts done, now i need the rear. now the ultimate question is do i need to get 94-98 rear calipers or 99-04? and then where do i find antimoan braces? i know i need those two fms e brake cables, but what hoses am i looking for? do i need the ones off the rear of a 94 to 04 or what? the ones that goes from the axle to the calipers and or the ones that go from the chassis down the axle?

a little FYI cobra calipers are cheaper at autozone than PBR's. I got hosed on a set of PBR's and traded them in as cores for cobra calipers at the local auto parts store. with core the calipers were like 80.00 each.

a little FYI cobra calipers are cheaper at autozone than PBR's. I got hosed on a set of PBR's and traded them in as cores for cobra calipers at the local auto parts store. with core the calipers were like 80.00 each.

Cobra and gt calipers are the same thing, only thing thats different is the rotor and bracket

Ive also got a set of north race cars brackets coming off my car if your interested in them.

the nrc kit without axles is seeming like a pretty good deal. think it is? i would need the adapters for the rear. im not worried about piecing a kit together, i just want to be able to get the correct lines for it. and im not getting too bad of a deal i just scored 99 pbr non cobras with pads and rotors and hoses for 140 shipped. 90lxcoupe would you be sellin the correct hardware for it also?

piece it together man! buyfordracing has u really need. buy the 40th anniv front/rear calipers. Buy Buy Ford Racing Parts! , find some used ranger axles to keep for track in the rear. I know where u can get brackets for the rear cobra calipers without droppign the coin on the NRC brackets a local guy makes/sells his own, as well as machined rings to keep the rotors centered on the axles, because the rear cobra rotors tend to rest on the stud rather than the axle hub on the ranger axles. Hoses can be gotten from autozone/oreillys cheap. Booster and MC could be bough there too as well as 95 GT ball joints, since the foxs one are probably crap anyways, rent the tool and press them in urself. Thats bout it, IM in a rush, I got a whole Kit i pieced together myself, that going into a 93 4 banger coupe getting converted.