My Dream Car...the Detamosa Pantera GT5

85_SS_302_Coupe

it sucks (I know) to be on the receiving end
15 Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Northern KY
My Dream Car...the DeTomaso Pantera GT5, pics..

Ya know for a long time it really came down to the GT40, not to mention the new Ford GT, but the more i think about it, the more i think that if i had the money to burn, i'd just have a Pantera GT5 custom built to my liking. I really think these cars paved the way for a lot of supercars today and they don't get enough respect. Everyone who knows classic supercars makes a huge deal about the Lambo Muira, but it's a POS compared to a Pantera.

How can someone NOT love this car??
attachment.php

attachment.php

• Sponsors (?)

I'd have my own built like the open track version GT4, with the huge fender flairs and wide wheel base. You can't go wrong with a badass 351 Cleveland in mid-engine layout!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Pantera rules!!! DUN DUN DUNNN!!! \m/

rock on!!!!!!!!

*moshes*

Oh wait, wrong Pantera...

:doh:

On a side note: has anyone ever noticed how this little guy --->:puke: spews through his nose too? OMG...

Pantera's are awesome. My neighbor had a relative visit him in a Pantera maybe twice a year. The thing I remember most about it were how huge the back tires were.

I have yet to see one in a racing video game. They get no love.

795.0pacecar said:
Theres a guy who is a member of this site. I forgot his name, but he has I think a 71 pantera with a DOHC 5.4 in it. That thing is MEAN. I saw videos of it.

Man i searched for that car for about a half hour last night and couldn't find jack crap about it. I remember the site and i remember checking the progress but i can't find anything now.

I can just imagine myself with a mini fro and my name shaved into my head wearing a pair of parachute pants and a silk shirt and Ray Ban sunglasses sporting around in a Pantera... :drool:

I'd have Christina Applegate in the passenger seat too :)