My Dream Car...the Detamosa Pantera GT5

RacEoHolic330 said:
I was at FFW last weekend and there was a guy with a black pantera registering his car. He started it up and drove away and I damn near creamed my pants. They are amazing.

man it's all about those headers and the way the whole exhaust system is pretty much an absolute minimum. Most that i've seen only run resonators on each pipe, and i've even seen them with full length headers just running straight out the back! That's gotta sound roundy as hell with a good cam lope. The main thing i love about those cars is that they're so exotic, but when you get down to it they're powered by a good old Ford small block.

• Sponsors (?)

795.0pacecar said:
You can find a nice one in the mid 20 to high 30 grand range.

Yeah they're really just getting mature and people are really starting to grab them up and restore them. I've seen the really nice/nearly original ones in the upper 50k range, but i've never seen a concours level Pantera for sale so i couldn't imagine what they go for. They don't get the credit that Ferraris get but that's almost a good thing for enthusiasts because they're easier to afford. For my money i'd honestly rather have a 30k Pantera than an '03 Cobra....call me crazy but eventually it would be what i want it to be and it would all pay off.

I imagine a lot of the Ford GT goodies could be hotrodded over to a Pantera if a person was skilled enough to pull it off.