my engines temp has gotten higher.

nsoto0216

Apr 8, 2010
so i always look at my gauges making sure everything is normal.

and ive noticed these past 3 days, the engine temp is a little higher than what it was before. you know how it has those lines with 3 dots? well its 1 line more to the hot zone. like before it use to be right in the middle and now its one stick farther then the middle.
is it normal acceptable or should i be worrying about something.

this is when the car is running normally and reached its final temp after being on for like 5 minutes.

aslo on a side note, how often should i check or fill my coolant tank?

• Sponsors (?)

Dont panic yet!

Is the gauge steady? A gauge which cycles continuously could mean you have a problem which needs to be corrected.
I've noticed a slight difference in my gauge summer to winter, if it does not continually creep up I would not be overly concerned just yet. Keep your eyes on it though.

Check your reservoir tank with engine cold or Hot, just remember to fill to the Hot or Cold line as applicable. DO NOT take off the rad cap to top up the reservoir (degass) tank. Check Level weekly, use only de-ionised or distilled water 50% Antifreeze mix.

I had the same problem in my last car. It was running just slightly warmer then usual. I replaced the thermostat, and problem solved. If it gets worse thats where I would start. Its an easy fix and cheap.