My favorite Stang (pics)

Mr. B

Jul 12, 2007
IMO this is one of the nicest Mustangs I've seen. I think it's the wheels that set it off so much. It belongs to matt95GT over on the SN95 forum. I got the pics from his site. I emailed him asking about some of the things he did to it, but I thought you guys might be able to help on some of it too.

I want to locate a set of wheels like those first of all. They're Roush 18x9's all the way around. I'm not sure why the one on the back says "Roush" and the front doesn't. Maybe that's how the set comes. Anyway I don't think anyone but Roush makes them and I'm not exactly sure what year car they came on either. Any help would be appreciated on where to find some or where to start looking. I've also seen Roush wheels like these that aren't chrome, but I think I like the shiny ones better.

He says on his site that he's running a Cobra bumper with an ABC Exclusive splitter on the bottom. I've heard good and bad things about ABC Exclusive but this one definately looks nice. The only problem is I can't find just the splitter on their site. They do have what looks to be a one piece Cobra bumper with the splitter as a part of it. Anyone know what's up with that, or know of another company that I could by the same setup through?

And last, I can't tell if the rocker panels have some type of ground effect piece or not. Can anyone else tell from the pics?

View attachment 376459
View attachment 376460
View attachment 376461
View attachment 376462

• Sponsors (?)

looks like the cobra bumper with a lip from abc exclu. I think.

That's what it's supposed to be. I called ABC and the person I talked to said the lip is not available by itself. I'd have to buy their one piece Cobra bumper with the lip as a part of it.

I've heard not so good things about the fitting of ABC's stuff so I was thinking I'd locate the Cobra bumper somewhere else and just buy the lip from them. Well I guess that not an option now. I'm anal about how panels fit and would spend hundreds more to have one that looks correct.

I see it now. Found a place selling them too. Good lord that's a lot of money!

These are a bit cheaper and have the same look. They don't say "Roush" on them but that's ok. I have always liked these wheels. I know a dealer, if you can't find one. (Not me, btw.) Jeg's sells them, too.

http://www.americanracing.com/wheel...desc=1-piece painted/machined alloy&section=P

They even have one with a black center that looks ok. Also, one that is 18x10 with proper Mustang backspacing. ;)

These are a bit cheaper and have the same look. They don't say "Roush" on them but that's ok. I have always liked these wheels. I know a dealer, if you can't find one. (Not me, btw.) Jeg's sells them, too.

http://www.americanracing.com/wheel...desc=1-piece painted/machined alloy&section=P

They even have one with a black center that looks ok.

Cool, thanks! I found a few others that look similar too. None of them look quite as clean as the real deal, but money's definately a factor for me. If I bought those Roush wheels and then some tires that'd be about $2000 at least. I'd rather put a supercharger on the car with that money.

those roush wheels look fantastic on that car. they are high dollar rims but they are really good quality rims. they have some offset on them and they are tricky to mount tires on. i had to put tires on a set of those rims one day when i was working in a shop and it was a major pita.

Matt's car has stock sideskirts on there, and I believe he bought the front bumper with the lip included as well. In my experience, I've never heard massive horror stories about ABC, but I'm sure, like every company, there will be bad stories with the good. I've seen cervini's peices that were horribly prepped...

talk to Punisher302 (Paul), he's got the same front bumper set up

The rims are extremely similar to rebels by AR, but Matt was pretty set on those wheels, and like others have said, you'll get what you paid for.

Right now the wheels and front bumper is probably just a big wish. You know how it is... you get a car and have all this stuff you "want" to do to it, but only some of it becomes a reality. Maybe I'll get there little by little one of these days.

Aaron is right--that is the ABCExclusive Cobra bumper w/ lip. their urethane stuff is great! it's held up through all the abuse i've put it through, and even though i finally managed to break mine, i'm definitely buying another!

If I had been dead set on getting the saleen kit, I would've definitely got teh abc cobra bumper. I love the way it looks.

IMO, Matt has the best looking wheel/tire/suspension combo I've seen on a stang. The wheels sit perfect in the wells. Maybe a little more of a drop in the back. But damn. I have several pictures of his car on my computer from way back when he purchased a front coil over kit and showed folks here pictures.

Love the Roush wheels, but they cost some serious rupies.