My Mustang has finally arrived!

After 9 weeks and 5 days... my '08 Mustang has finally arrived at the dealership.

The car was 10 days late from the original delivery date (Dec. 10).

I plan on picking the car up tomorrow, taking it to get new wheels and tires... and then over to get a spoiler and racing stripes installed.

Pictures of the BEFORE and AFTER to follow...

• Sponsors (?)

Bout F-ing time!
You've been such a grouch this whole time!

Congratulations!

What kind is it, options, etc?

I have been a grinch... my apologies.

I picked up the car today and I love it.

2008 Mustang V6
Alloy clearcoat
16" steel wheels (base)
spoiler delete
lower tape stripe delete
Charcoal interior
Verona grain leather trim
Heated seats
5 speed manual
Interior upgrade pkg (w/ charcoal dash appliqué)

UPGRADES SO FAR:
17" Torq-Thrust wheels (black center/chrome rim)
Shelby-style rear spoiler
Stripes currently being installed

I had the wheels/tires installed right after I picked it up and it will spend the night in the shop getting the spoiler and stripes applied.

I will post pics soon. I'm at work so I don't have my camera.

Lovin the car so far!

OK here are two pics I took...

The first completely stock. The second, with my Torq Thrust 17" wheels.
DSC01697.jpg

DSC01701.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01697.jpg
    DSC01697.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC01701.jpg
    DSC01701.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 47
So let me get this straight, you have 2 homes, which you choose based on mood and snowboarding conditions, one of which is in the most expensive city in the world, and you got a V6?

I was thinking the same thing regarding the snow thing. It hasn't snowed here, not at least where I live. As far as expensive city, my place cost $135k in 1981 and is pretty central. Can't afford to move because its a seniority and tax thing. By nature of his handle, originator of thread appears to be on the very new and chic north eastern waterfront in a mid to highrise, price depending on how high up you live. Homes I would imagine range 700 to 1mil. Not to be intrusive, but handle and disclosed location gave it all away.

Newport beach aint cheap either.

So is there an SF car?

So let me get this straight, you have 2 homes, which you choose based on mood and snowboarding conditions, one of which is in the most expensive city in the world, and you got a V6?

I knew you would ask that.

Yes I decided to get a V6 because frankly I like the looks of them better. I am sure I will be the only one with this view, but I do not like the GT grille and fog lamps, nor do I like the GT leather.

A few other small touches that differ the V6 from the GT also contributed to my decision. I just didn't see the point of buying a GT for the sake of buying a GT and then removing everything that makes it identifiable as a GT. Plus, I opted for the V6 for slightly better fuel economy.

I have never really preferred a V8 over the Mustang V6. I just didn't see the point in spending GT money when what was more to my liking was the V6.

And don't assume that I am completely wealthy or anything. My home in San Francisco is one my parents bought for me. They live in Napa and always have. I went to college in Utah and have stayed here since. They bought the home for me in SF so I could remain closer to them to spend family time together (you know how parents are).

My folks have money so they did that for me. I thought it was a good idea so I obliged. And since I work with computers and the Internet, I can pretty much work from anywhere so it all fits together.

There... hope that explanation works for ya.

:nice:

I knew you would ask that.

Yes I decided to get a V6 because frankly I like the looks of them better. I am sure I will be the only one with this view, but I do not like the GT grille and fog lamps, nor do I like the GT leather.

A few other small touches that differ the V6 from the GT also contributed to my decision. I just didn't see the point of buying a GT for the sake of buying a GT and then removing everything that makes it identifiable as a GT. Plus, I opted for the V6 for slightly better fuel economy.

:nice:

Your not alone, I made the same argument and am still satisfied especially since gas is a buck more than when I bought my 6er. :D

Your not alone, I made the same argument and am still satisfied especially since gas is a buck more than when I bought my 6er. :D

There is a niche of Mustangers like us that really do like the V6 better.

The GT is more of a guzzler that I just didn't want to deal with. Before my stang I drove a '93 Jeep Cherokee modified for off-roading and the beast got 13-15 MPG. When I decided to buy a Mustang, I decided to boost my fuel economy as much as possible because I was sick of watching my gas needle sink.

Plus, V8s don't matter to me. I am not intrested in racing anyone or burning out my tires.

I was thinking the same thing regarding the snow thing. It hasn't snowed here, not at least where I live. As far as expensive city, my place cost $135k in 1981 and is pretty central. Can't afford to move because its a seniority and tax thing. By nature of his handle, originator of thread appears to be on the very new and chic north eastern waterfront in a mid to highrise, price depending on how high up you live. Homes I would imagine range 700 to 1mil. Not to be intrusive, but handle and disclosed location gave it all away.

Newport beach aint cheap either.

So is there an SF car?

Very nice "address theory". It intrigued me, but you are not entirely correct. My handle is not my address but rather a location from a movie. However, you are correct that I am close to the area you stated.

Where do you live?