My Mustang plan...

crashGTR1

Dec 2, 2003
Chicago
Hey everyone. I've come up with a plan for my car-related future. This spring/summer, I'm going to do the PI headswap with Patriot Performance Stage II heads, Comp Cams or ModMax camshafts, and just a stock '01 GT intake manifold (for now). All told, around $2000. Eventually, I'd like to add a ported/polished Bullitt intake manifold. I want more performance out of my car ('98 GT) but I don't have a whole lot of money, seeing as I'm only 18. So the PI headswap will hold me over for a couple of years. This is where the second part of my plan comes in. In a few years after this, when I have more money and hopefully a college degree, I'm going to do one of two things: either buy a newer ('99+) V8 'Stang, which will hopefully be much cheaper then, with a good body and a trashed engine, or use my '98 and do an engine swap. No matter which of the two cars I use, I'm going to buy a VT Engines 4.6-5.0 Cobra Billet Stroker Shortblock, Stage II Ford Racing FR500 cylinder heads, Comp Cams or ModMax camshafts, and a ported/polished Cobra intake manifold (NOT paying $2800 for the FR500 manifold). All told on this one, about $8000. I like this idea: a stroked, ported and polished, cammed 4V. This thing should be a killer engine. I'll see when I get there. This is what I'm going to do. Let me know what you think. Thanks for reading my ramblings.
--Adam

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds good to me. To save even more and not sack off much HP, why not consider stock PI heads with aftermarket cams and springs? The difference in the P&P etc. will be minimal on an N/A car. Maybe you'll have enough saved to do your exhaust or some other mod later on.

stallion98gt said:
looks good but why not getting a bored and stroked at the same time :)...more ci is always good. get a 324 from VT + p&Pheads +aggressive cams...u'll be around 380rwhp N/A with a 2V...then with a 4V...I can't imagine..

First off, thanks to everyone for reading, replying, and being supportive. Awesome. Stallion98gt, now that I'm looking at VT's stuff more, I'll probably end up going for the 324 when the time comes. I'm going to save that for the 4V swap, because I don't have much money now, by then it'll be time for a totally new engine as it is, and because I want to see just how bada** a bored, stroked, cammed, ported, and polished 4V will be. :D

Mrvax, how much hp did you get from your port and polish? Do you know what your heads are flowing? I was thinking that with Stage II heads, good cams, and headers, I could have at least 275 rwhp, or so I've been told. I though P&P made a significant difference in terms of gains. BTW, the heads I'm getting (already P&P'ed) include Ferrea valves and good (can't remember brand) springs, and I'm thinking either ModMax Hi-Perf Street/Race or Comp Cams Stage II cams . Thanks again.
--Adam