My nasty car needs lowering, HELP! 92 vertgt!

racer_inboston

Founding Member
Feb 2, 2002
boston, ma
Hey gang, this is a pic of my car attached. I has stock everything for suspension and I would like to drop it but dont want to make too many mods for now. I might get front blisten struts and put them in myself, with moroso 50/50 shocks in the rear which are fairly nice for street.
BUT... I'm still debating who ishoudl go with for lowering springs? INTRAX claims to lower the car 2" but you would have to purschase the toe in toe out kit form summit for $26 to fix the tilting of the top of the tire into the fender well and the bottom of the tire way out.
any help from gt drooped owners woudl be GREATELY appreciated!!!!

pic is here: http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=430827

• Sponsors (?)

sleeper89 said:
FWIW i would not buy the intrax springs. if you absolutely need to go that low buy a better spring. you also might want to consider a front coil-over setup.

-steve

I do have a coilover set up from granatelli on my roadracer, BUT...i do not want to spend all that money. I simply want lowering springs and the cc plates.
what other companies will give me a 2" drop? or a 2" drop in the front?
as we all know the fox's front end sits a lil higher than the back, so a lowering spring always needs to go lower n the front to get that even look.

I put in MAC progressive springs with urethane bushings on mine, dropped it about 1.5" all around. Looks awesome to me and sits pretty low.

stangtop.jpg

Also have some Bilsteins in there, but I don't believe they affected the ride height.

racer_inboston said:
I do have a coilover set up from granatelli on my roadracer, BUT...i do not want to spend all that money. I simply want lowering springs and the cc plates.
what other companies will give me a 2" drop? or a 2" drop in the front?
as we all know the fox's front end sits a lil higher than the back, so a lowering spring always needs to go lower n the front to get that even look.

are you set on a 2" drop? i ask because it sounds like you're on a budget. if you only go 1"-1.5" you *might* not even need c/c plates. just something to think about.

-steve

BTW - mansonozz - it's been said many times, but.....

i love your car (and i don't like red cars) :drool:

mansonozz , I just realized that I first read stuff about your polishing techniques yrs ago, nice nice drop, we both own 92gtverts!!! I also live in mass and would really like to meet ans talk about what is and has been my obsession! p.s where did you purschase yoru mac lowering springs? how much?
tks

sleeper89: I can spend $ on springs but if i go with a 2" drop as you said I will need cc plates, I might just do that get the cc plates even with 1.5" drop just to have the adjustability and not have any camber issues.

cardudeusa: tks you car's look good, I think i have to go by the looks of a vert dropped simply because it is heavier on the back and needs vert only springs to be lowered.

tks bros , once again, if i go with a 2" drop i want to be sure I will not get no camber alignment problems no matter who i go with, I have heard of people with a 2" drop even with cc plates not ever being able to properly adjust their camber right...and again I have read that the lowest you shoul ddrop your vert or any stang is 1.5"
all feed back and responces are welcome..tks

racer: thanks. The springs I have are MAC PROGRESSIVE RATE SPRINGS- they're great on the vert. Otherwise, 'set rate' springs need to go on certain cars that they're rated for. I can't remember where I got them from but just about anywhere should have them.

My girlfriend lives in Shirley, up near Fitchburg, and I'm up there a lot w/the car during summer. We'll also be at a few shows up in that area this year, maybe we'll run into each other. I'll also be at FFW in Epping, NH later this year. You could always pm/email me any questions too.

about springs

I have STEEDA sport springs on my 89 vert and it lowers the car 1.5 inches front, and 1 inch in the rear. I love them and have an extra full, nver used set in my basement. I can sell them 170 including shipping and handling. email me [email protected] i also have pics of them on my car, just email me and i'll send you pics. thanx-brian

Ok gang, once again, I must use springs designed for a vert. AND i HAVE DESIDED to choose between mac progressive lowering springs and H&R....
H&R: i have read that it drops the car, but the back still sits lower than the front on a fox, not sure it thats the case with a convertible fox.
mac: still researching???
intrax: looks the best as far as drop, but from the threads, they bottom out, not sure if the people saying this, knew to change the struts when lowerign 2", cause in my opinion the struts could've been shot.
MANSONOZZ: WHERE DID YOU PURCHASE YOUR SPRINGS? I may have asked you that before, but been browsing these post so much i cant remember.

I just took a set of H&R Super Sports off of my 91 vert. They are designed for this model. They give you about 1.5" in the front and like 1.25" in the back. It looked really sweet with this setup. I'll make you a great deal on them. Email me and we'll talk. On the 91-93 models, you don't need to worry about bump steer kit or anything, all I had to do was put c/c plates on to get a good alignment. Here is a pic of my car with the springs on. Its a little fuzzy but you can see the drop good....

Larry
[email protected]

stang1122.jpg