Suspension Help

Old Skooler

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2012
Hi all, I'm new to this site so let me give you a little back round on me and my car before I present my current dilemma. I recently bought a 92 notch ripped out the high mileage everything and replaced them with the following:
XXX MEXICAN HIGH NICKEL BLOCK STROKED TO 331, FORGED EAGLE ROTATOR, FORGED PROBE 11;1 PISTONS, COMP 610 LIFT HYDRAULIC ROLLER CAM, FULLY PORTED ELDELBROCK PERFORMER HEADS(#1262 GASKET) WITH STUD MOUNT 1.6 SCORPION ROCKERS . HEADS ARE STUDDED AND HAS MLS GASKETS, PORTED VICTOR JR INTAKE, BRAND NEW PRO FORM 650 CARB, 150 SHOT NOS, CANTON PAN, MARCH PULLEYS, 1 WIRE 200 AMP ALT. NEW TREMEC T5 AND KING COBRA CLUTCH, NEW WELDS WITH NEW TIRES, REAR HAS MOSER 28 SPLINE AXLES AND 355 GEARS, CUSTOM INTERIOR IN GOOD SHAPE..FULL STAINLESS BASSANI EXHAUST WITH LONG TUBE HEADERS AND TAILPIPES.

So now here's my issue the stock suspension is 20 years old and spongy, I'd like to lower the car a little in the front but I have 28x11.5 ET STREETS on the rear. I just purchased Metco upper and lower control arms, what would everyone recommend with the front end (sway bars, springs etc). Should I lower the front and keep stock springs in the rear? I will be swapping out the ET for a drag radial so my suspension would have to work with probably a 255/50 or so. I've seen a lot of threads on this but people never seem to say if there cars are lowered when talking about the tires. Im only getting back into the sport after about 10 years so Im getting the crash coarse in new tech stuff so any advise would be helpful.

• Sponsors (?)

Personally Id go with a coil over set-up in the front with a good adjustable shock, in the rear worn out GT springs work pretty well. What rim size and backspace are your wheels?

I have the weld draglites 15x8 rear with 5.5 spacing
I'll look into the coil overs but what advantage does it provide?
So would u keep the stock rear springs change the shocks n swing arm?
This will mostly be a street cruiser the nearest track is almost 3 hrs away.