My never ending progress thread

No paint is gonna match 100% every time, you'll have better luck if its from the same batch, but still wont match 100%. Now add into the effect of having a custom mixed color, you may have a color code, but the further you get and the more you have to mix the harder and harder it will be to get the color down. My car for instance, has a custom 1 off obsidian gray metallic, that also has pearls in the mix to help it change colors, i am totally screwed if i need to repaint anything on my car, my painter spent 3 weeks trying to get to the color to match and still it didnt happen. Thats with a paint code. He mention more pearl. Thats going to much thing up and i can guarantee it.
Heres an example, first picture looks like simple metallic gray
SigPic3.jpg

Second is one a bit later and a different shade of light. Notice the more blue hues?
DSC_0009Modded.jpg

Thats what pearls do to your car, and they will gum up the works of paint matching for sure.

• Sponsors (?)

Shaolin Crane... Ive alays loved the color of your car but never noticed the blue in it. As for when I mix the color all the additives will be scaled and measured as well air pressure when its sprayed so color matching wont be a problem plus Im make a 1/2 gallon extra. Trust me I learned this lesson when I painted my bike a Kandy orange a few yrs back, I just pored and stired until I like what I saw.

Been working on it some, the cold weather makes me lazy. Mostly been wet blocking and I know we all have seen that so no pics of it yet. Did some motor cleanup and decided to run a billet alt and p/s bracket to give it a cleaner look and will send out my pulleys to get powder coated.

I started making my patch panels for the pass. side engine compartment to clean that up as well.

DSC01287.jpg

Shaolin Crane... Ive alays loved the color of your car but never noticed the blue in it. As for when I mix the color all the additives will be scaled and measured as well air pressure when its sprayed so color matching wont be a problem plus Im make a 1/2 gallon extra. Trust me I learned this lesson when I painted my bike a Kandy orange a few yrs back, I just pored and stired until I like what I saw.

Like i said, stick with an OE color, mixing is a no bueno thing, but its your car. Making extra helps but paint only last so long.

keep the posts coming i just picked up my first mustang project and talk about motivation its 16 degrees where im at and im ready to fire up the salamander and get to work by the way i didnt notice a mass air you still runnin speed density?

keep the posts coming i just picked up my first mustang project and talk about motivation its 16 degrees where im at and im ready to fire up the salamander and get to work by the way i didnt notice a mass air you still runnin speed density?

It had the SD at first but I wanted to got to the 24lb injectors so I switched it to the MAF. It made a huge difference in its driving manners.

Well I finally did get started on the welding and I pretty satisfied with it. I still need to do some dolly work,grinding and it will be ready for all metal.

engine bay
DSC01440.jpg

DSC01439.jpg

DSC01441.jpg

Pass door, seat belt release cable holes and antenna

DSC01444.jpg

DSC01443.jpg

DSC01445.jpg

I finally put the P/S bracket and pulley on, I need to make a bracket setup for my coil. I think Im going to mount it like the SN95's for that cleaner look.

DSC01442.jpg