My Next Project for the car

onebad95

Sherriff of Bling King County
Well, the wife said the only thing we haven't touched was the bottom end of he motor.

I found a 302 A4 Block that has never been bored. Yes, I almost fell over also. Monica ended up buying for me for an early Christmas gift. Our plan is to do a 342 stroker. It's gonna take a while, but for now here are some pics of it on the engine stand.

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

• Sponsors (?)

Urban, the A4 will support 900+rwhp. That's the big advantage to it. Charlie will have a BEAST on his hands here shortly with the new motor, I can't wait! Good luck buddy!

EDIT: I had a few drinks and mistyped 700 instead of 900... OOPS!

That is an awesome find! I think if I had one of those blocks i'd have gone more wild. I'd probably build something to make power to 7,500 rpm :D

Obviously while its at the machine shop have it checked to see if just a hone will clean up the bores. Whats the new combo gonna be?

Killercanary said:
Urban, the A4 will support 700+rwhp. That's the big advantage to it. Charlie will have a BEAST on his hands here shortly with the new motor, I can't wait! Good luck buddy!
try again:D 1200hp according to the ford racing catalog from like 5-6 years back......ive also read many a post about them, and why would people droll over them for holding 700 hp+ when they can buy a sportsman block for 1/2 the original price to hold the same hp???

stprorolla49 said:
try again:D 1200hp according to the ford racing catalog from like 5-6 years back......ive also read many a post about them, and why would people droll over them for holding 700 hp+ when they can buy a sportsman block for 1/2 the original price to hold the same hp???

Not going to start an arguement, but a sportsman block is no way gonna hold the same power as an A4 or a Dart. I would say Dart holds the most, then the A4 and R302 block are tied. Just an opinion.

onebad95 said:
Not going to start an arguement, but a sportsman block is no way gonna hold the same power as an A4 or a Dart. I would say Dart holds the most, then the A4 and R302 block are tied. Just an opinion.

Actually that is 100% correct. The sportsman will not hold anywhere near as much as an a4/r302 or dart. There are people with 800 rwhp on the sportsman though. Its all in the tune. Im going with the sportsman for now. Its cheaper, less machining costs, and still holds a decent amount of power. Im shooting for 600 rwhp at the most. After college i will go the r302 route:D .

onebad95 said:

I think hes argueing that the A4 holds more then 700 like Paul said. He said if the A4 only held like 700 it would be pointless to even have an a4 because the sportsman could get away with 700 as well for less money. But we all know the A4 can hold more then that which is why the A4 kicks soo much ass. How much was this thing???

That was a typo on my part, sorry. I had a few drinks when I made that post. I meant 900+rwhp, which is close to the 1100 or so claimed fly wheel horsepower that ford claimed. I don't know where you guys are getting your info on the ford sportsman block, but I'm fairly certain you guys are putting more belief into what it can hold that it actually can... do some searches and see for yourself. Ford list it at 600fwhp, which is a LOT less than 700RWHP. Suffice it to say though that the A4 block will prove to be a sound foundation for whatever Charlie decides to throws at it and it will be the last thing he has to worry about breaking when he gets it all together. I can't wait to see what he assembles for his kick ass car.

Glad to see you're going for bigger numbers Charlie. But since everything is for sale and that includes the blower. You better be gettin Ed to make you a nice tight cam and be turboing that bastard. Good luck. Can't wait.

Jeremy