MY RANT TO PREVENT ME FROM PUTTING UP A FOR SALE SIGN

I simply wanted to vent my frustration on my car (short and sweet)

chrome water necks are evil-leaks leaks and leaks- replaced with OEM FIXED

after doing my clutch quadrant/cable/fwa , I come to the conclusion I moved a few harnesses around... after losing nearly all of my lights, I pull the dash cluster only to find the prev owner has wire tied the headlight harness with wire nuts, and while tracing the turn signal power I find 2 loose wires on the hazard and 1 wire loose on my MF switch. After reading posts, I replaced my MF switch and ignition switch so I wouldnt have to deal with elec gremlins again (or for a while at least).

Its not that these are HUGE problems, both were resolved, but the fact that it happens after a long hard winter of spending several hours in the garage really gets me :fuss: Ive come real close to putting it up for sale and going the easy route (03-04 cobra). But I have come to the realization that its just not worth it after all that has been done. Im just glad I prevented an interior fire- my advice to you is even if you dont have any problems CHECK YOUR WIRING before its too late.

there I did it... dont expect my car on ebay anytime soon!
Feel free to derail the thread and throw in a rant of your own. If you have any lighting problems refer to me, I have become a self proclaimed expert at the fox body lighting wiring and troubleshooting (unfortunetly).

• Sponsors (?)

Foxes are getting kinda old now, and most have been through many owners.
Just accept the fact that you WILL have to work on it and it is much easier. That's the way I think about it. It's just inherent with these cars. That's just part of it.

I get frustrated too sometimes, but then I think to myself, "oh well, I asked for it when I got into Mustangs" and it seems to make it easier to live with.
If you look at it like this and get used to it, its not that bad, really.

That's just my advice.

Been there many times. Lots of times Ive thought of selling out, maybe I will at somepoint who knows. Ive done really about everything I can do on a stock block, so the next setup would prob be around $10k which doesnt really interest me....

Been there many times. Lots of times Ive thought of selling out, maybe I will at somepoint who knows. Ive done really about everything I can do on a stock block, so the next setup would prob be around $10k which doesnt really interest me....

DITTO Im just trying to push the envelope at this point... not about to go to the next level in the fox per say. My "next level" would be a 03-04 cobra, and I still cant even justify that.

When you stop enjoying the car..it's time for it to go. You have to be able to enjoy even the repair aspects of it as much as the modding...simply because I don't know that the repair ever stops as the yrs mount. You really need to decide what it is you want from the car...if you can acheive it, and if you'll be truely happy during or after it's finished. Mine has been a PROJECT for six yrs, and sale adds have been canceled many times. I've had to re-evaluate what it is I want out of a yr old car...what are my goals...am I/will I be satisfied if I acheive them. For myself I've finally reached a point where I am 'happy' so I can't see letting it go in the relatively near future...but it comes after SO much frustration and flip flop feelings towards the car.

2150724_32_full.jpg

2150724_29_full.jpg

Looks like a sweet ride that would sell for a pretty penny. I would prob ask around $8,000 obo for mine, you would get much more then that IMO. I agree when you stop enjoying the car its time for it to go. But for me if I sold the car, I would go without for awhile just because of my age, the next jump for me would be a big one and I dont make a whole lot at the moment. Not sure of your situation but thats something you have to consider, not having a toy would kinda stink...

I get the same way too, but I'd never consider selling it. I don't think I'd be able to sleep well if at all knowing someone was out there with my Mustang :(

If I got anything over 10k for the car I would consider it a fair price. Luckily I did most of the work myself (my buddy painted it- but I helped!!) Total investment would reach near 20k if I really put it all down on paper, but I choose not to do that. Wifey is started to crack down on buying our first house/condo... but she told me she did not want me to sell my car to throw down twords the new place (I think shes a keeper). She sees the car not as an obsession but as a passion WOO HOO. In reality, once I get all of my bugs worked out , I will most likely be hanging on to the car since the ttops aspect of it is a rarity. Id hope it holds its current value for years to come!