Electrical Mystery wire on O2 harness

Volvord302

Sep 12, 2017
Hi all,
I was crawling under my car today and I found a wire that was cut right by my driver side Oxygen sensor connection, (all 3 wires are present on the o2 sensor connector underneath the car.) and I chased it up until the connection I've determined to be "brown connector 31." It's the white and pink wire on both sides of the connector..

Hopefully It's circled here. What I can't figure out is where this wire goes to, because the motor and trans are out of a 1989 HO 5.0 with a T5. The diagram only gives an option for auto trans. I've tried chasing it in the computer, but no dice. So my question is where does this wire go to on a manual 89 5.0, and what should I do with the cut end?

Extra info: this is in a Volvo station wagon, but that won't make any difference because the motor, trans, and computer are all from the same Mustang.

EDIT I just realized I'm an idiot and the wire in question is marked oil/psi gauge. Marked in red, ignore the yellow. The color matched but the position on the connector didn't.

Attachments

• FRPPwire.gif
    FRPPwire.gif
    83.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)