naaws? I mean N2O??? 75 dry shot okay?

Boss 351

Here sthhhhhhhheeeve take a picthh of my man flowe
Jul 13, 2003
Canada
School me on nitrous, if I use it will my floor boards fall off or will my intake welds break off?

No but seriously, a 75 shot shouldn't hurt the engine too much? How do you use it, push the button once you hit 3000rpm, but only in 3rd gear? I am such a N2O newbie, it isn't funny! I can get my hands on a cheap 75 dry setup which is pretty simple to install, but what about fuel and timing? Any links... I admit I didn't search yet (which is why I kept this out of tech). I doubt I'll get the kit for the Mustang since I baby this car... although an extra kick would be fun until I get the new heads.

• Sponsors (?)

get the gas

nos1vk5.gif
Shot at 2007-08-15

Attachments

• nos1vk5.gif
    nos1vk5.gif
    7 KB · Views: 78
Could someone further explain what a wet shot and dry shot is?

Isn't a wet shot where the fuel is mixed with the nitrous prior to being injected into the cylinders, whereas a dry shot is just spraying the nitrous alone? Is this somewhat accurate?

Ok.......soooooooooo.......a lean condition raises cylinder temperature, right? :nice:

nope. on a correctly setup dry shot (NOS) theres a booster that ups the fuel pressure and a safety switch on the fuel rail that supplys the ground to one of the solenoids. so if the fuel pressure isnt high enough it wont spray.

edit: meant o say yes a lean condition will raise cylinder temps but if the system is setup correctly the temp shouldnt go up too much....altho it will go up some because of the extra combustion/power being made.

Well a dry shot can be safer, witht the wet setup if you are injecting it before the upper intake(as in most setups) fuel can puddle in the upper intake and then cause a backfire, which can be very harmful to the engine. As long as you spray over 3k rpm enough pull will be created to suck all of the nitrous/fuel mix into the cylinders.

If you run to lean on an old dry setup that doesn't have the safety precautions as woody explained, it can run lean and melt a piston... extreme case, but it could happen.

Basically nothing will happen. My car is currently setup for a 150 shot through a plate kit, although I am too much of a pu$$y to spray just yet until I get some more funds for when I blow my whining 3rd gear.

On a 75 dry shot, up the fuel pressure to 45 or so, back the timing off 2-4 degrees, and run stock or a step colder than stock spark plugs. I have heard that the stock 5.0 with forged pistons can easily take a 200 shot, except at that point the stock rings tend to get a lil worn:D