NED on Friday

94-302-vert

Aug 16, 2004
NE CT
Taking the Stang up to NED on Friday (5th)... What do I need to make sure is 100% on the car to pass tech? They are an IHRA track. :shrug:

Hoping for a mid-14.... Running on street tires and I have VERY little practice...

Thanks Guys...

(Also if anyone else wants to come up I am going with a bud with a 95 GT and another with a motorcycle)... :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

ive seen two a couple guys get turned down because the battery wasnt fully secured and one wasnt wearing pants(he was wearing SHORTS) or a helmet... even tho the car was stock(vert)

OK, I got the helmet covered, battery and pants are a given...

Now what other things are they likely to check. If you look at my other thread you can see where my clutch safety switch is not working right now... so I would like to either get it to work or bypass it JIC...

I have had them check my clutch safety switch, but the way they do it is to have you sit in the car and turn the key while they watch. I suppose you might get away with just making a convincing enough hand twist while they key is in the 'on' position (so that the fuel pump comes on and they hear it ready to start).

They take a quick look at the tires. If they give you any crap about the battery being held down show them that the clamp is at the base, not a strap around it. They will check to make sure your seat belts are operational. I can't think of much else. That is at least what they checked when I run my Mustang at NED.