Need 5.0 buying advice Help! Making decision tommorow! *PICS*

• Sponsors (?)

88 Fox GT said:
I don't know about you guys telling him to offer under 3k, but around here 3k would be a steal for that car. You just don't see nice Fox bodies here anymore. I'd pay 3k for it. :shrug:

Never hurts to see if he'll take less though.

No kiddin. EVeryone is telling hom to lowball him but if any of us were to sell our Foxes we'd slap a for sale sign in with $5500 written on it

C_Heath said:
Im gonna offer him about $2200

That's more like it. Maybe it's just the market around here but it's nearly impossible to get 3k for any Mustang that isn't super clean/low mileage or that has a good amount of bolt ons with it. My car for example would never go for 3k around her even though i've got 4500+ into it.

85_SS_302_Coupe said:
That's more like it. Maybe it's just the market around here but it's nearly impossible to get 3k for any Mustang that isn't super clean/low mileage or that has a good amount of bolt ons with it. My car for example would never go for 3k around her even though i've got 4500+ into it.

yeah its like that here.... if you look in the trading journal for my area you would never see a fox body priced over 3k, unless its a car-lot then expect to pay at least 4k (and those cars are advertised as "NC cars" which means a rust free body:rolleyes: ). its easy to find a 5.0 mustang in good condition for $1500-$2000, and personally i would never pay over 2k for a fox body.

but on the other hand i live in west virginia and its nearly impossible to find a rust free car... unless its from anoher state:nonono:

Id buy a mostly stock car. Unless you know the person well.

Cars with alot of performance parts have probably been driven much harder than a stock car.

$3k wouldnt be a bad price where I live. There was an 89 GT for sale around here, the guy wanted $10,500 for it... :eek:

With the market for foxes in my area, I wouldn't accept anything lower than 9k. In my area it is hard to find a clean fox, let alone one for less than 5k.. seriously, all v8 cars in my area go for 4500+ even in **** ass condition..