Need 5.0 buying advice Help! Making decision tommorow! *PICS*

88 Fox GT said:
I don't know about you guys telling him to offer under 3k, but around here 3k would be a steal for that car. You just don't see nice Fox bodies here anymore. I'd pay 3k for it.

Never hurts to see if he'll take less though.

No kiddin. EVeryone is telling hom to lowball him but if any of us were to sell our Foxes we'd slap a for sale sign in with $5500 written on it

C_Heath said:
Im gonna offer him about $2200

That's more like it. Maybe it's just the market around here but it's nearly impossible to get 3k for any Mustang that isn't super clean/low mileage or that has a good amount of bolt ons with it. My car for example would never go for 3k around her even though i've got 4500+ into it.

yeah its like that here.... if you look in the trading journal for my area you would never see a fox body priced over 3k, unless its a car-lot then expect to pay at least 4k (and those cars are advertised as "NC cars" which means a rust free body ). its easy to find a 5.0 mustang in good condition for $1500-$2000, and personally i would never pay over 2k for a fox body.

but on the other hand i live in west virginia and its nearly impossible to find a rust free car... unless its from anoher state

Id buy a mostly stock car. Unless you know the person well.

Cars with alot of performance parts have probably been driven much harder than a stock car.

$3k wouldnt be a bad price where I live. There was an 89 GT for sale around here, the guy wanted $10,500 for it...

With the market for foxes in my area, I wouldn't accept anything lower than 9k. In my area it is hard to find a clean fox, let alone one for less than 5k.. seriously, all v8 cars in my area go for 4500+ even in **** ass condition..