Need 5.0 Turbo Help

timmyq

Jun 29, 2014
Hey everyone new to the forum just bought a turbo kit for my 91 fox it's a driver side mount my question is about the cross over below where the turbo mount the circle with the two holes my best guess is it's for a wastegate but doesn't look right has the two holes up top and the one side of the circle is not welded completely around, any help is appreciated if anyone has seen this before

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    536.4 KB · Views: 141
  • Sponsors (?)

That sure does look like the location where the wastegate would go. Someone really butchered that. I'm not sure what they were trying to accomplish with the holes. Your best bet would be to cut off the end and weld on a correct wastegate flange.

Posted this on a few other turbo sites , answer was it's a poor mans wastegate hook it up and drive the car if too much boost drill the holes bigger too little plug them up a little gonna be doing away with it and hooking up my wastegate

Posted this on a few other turbo sites , answer was it's a poor mans wastegate hook it up and drive the car if too much boost drill the holes bigger too little plug them up a little gonna be doing away with it and hooking up my wastegate

Thats super ghetto lol. I guess that kit was on a true budget build.