Need a few performance parts suggestions.

I have a few simple questions.. I just bought a 93 Lx 5.0 5 speed.. Suspension is completely built but the motor is basically all stock.. Has 68,xxx on her.. Has BBK cold air intake, bbk 1 5/8" headers and a 3 core alum. radiator.. I plan on adding the usual bolt ons( t-body - mass air, u/d pullies ect.. )I need to know what size i should go on the mass air and t-body and fuel injectors for it if i put in a e-303 cam with 1.6 rockers along with a upper/lower intake and either head work done on the stock heads or new heads all together.. Also what upper/lower intake and head combo would you all suggest..

• Sponsors (?)

65 tb and 75 or whatever mass air, 24 lb inj., and a 190 pump
i like gt40 intakes (the real ones not cobra or explorer) i also like gt40 iron heads...but aluminums i like the eddy performer 5.0's , and gt40

i always say " no head is bad head" most of them are pretty good

get some 4.10's and don't bother w/ the stock heads...some guys will say ok...but i say don't waste your money

thanks for the response notch.. the car has 3.73s in it already and i plan on leaving them in there for the time being for the simple fact that its a gonna be a daily drive and i have about a 15-20 minute drive down a highway everday.. You think i should step up to 24# injectors with a bigger fuel pump and a regulator?

PhillyB87 said:
I have a few simple questions.. I just bought a 93 Lx 5.0 5 speed.. Suspension is completely built but the motor is basically all stock.. Has 68,xxx on her.. Has BBK cold air intake, bbk 1 5/8" headers and a 3 core alum. radiator.. I plan on adding the usual bolt ons( t-body - mass air, u/d pullies ect.. )I need to know what size i should go on the mass air and t-body and fuel injectors for it if i put in a e-303 cam with 1.6 rockers along with a upper/lower intake and either head work done on the stock heads or new heads all together.. Also what upper/lower intake and head combo would you all suggest..
try this, 24# injectors, 70 TB, 75/80 MAF, F303, not the E, F pulls much better, GT-40/cobra intake...HEADS...see what you can find at a good price, anyting is better than stock E7's, ...
Can call if you like to get you started..
thanks
Chuck

i thought about the f cam but i got the e cam brand new in a sealed box for 45 bucks through a buddy.. I dunno how much duration and lift difference are between to the 2 but i'm guessing it will still be dependable enough for a daily driver? you know anybody that has some parts for sale for cheap?? prolly be around tax time before i start buyin parts..

83gtconvt said:
try this, 24# injectors, 70 TB, 75/80 MAF, F303, not the E, F pulls much better, GT-40/cobra intake...HEADS...see what you can find at a good price, anyting is better than stock E7's, ...
Can call if you like to get you started..
thanks
Chuck
good man.... for heads, twisted wedge or afr 165's... do NOT waste your time on gt40's...

with 165 or TW's, i'd pm TMOSS on here for a gt40 lower intake port job, he is reasonable and does a great job.

I too think the TB and injectors suggested here are too big for a bolt on dailey driver. Use an adjustable regulator and dial in 19 lbs injectors and a 65 mm TB should do the job nicely. Might, want to try 1.7 Cobra RR for a little boost if your E cam seems flat. I like JBA headers with catted X pipe and Magnaflow mufflers. Intake can get buy with the Cobra intake and if money is a big issue a flat K&N air cleaner will work in the stock air box. Along with your 3.73 gears you should be good to go! I chose to beef up my T5 with Z gears but I do werar belts and suspenders on occassion.