Need a little feedback..going from Auto to stick in a '95

Smoke'm

Jun 6, 2005
Bothell , Wa.
any of you guys converted a auto car to stick and done it back to stock properly??? my understanding is it is plug and play.

pulling all the stuff from a '94 vert for my '95 vert

switch the trannies and computers and pedals, radiators...where do they stash the main brain at???

another question as I have not jacked them up side by side is there are wireing harnesses on both trannies do they just plug/unplug into the main harness at the firewall area and have the same connectors???? no splicing of stuff right???

also when I get under the dash, wondering if the small harness for the auto stuff and the stick clutch pedal safety stuff plugs and plays....

any feedback appreciated, Thnx Bud.

• Sponsors (?)

Ive been thinking about making the swap in my ranger, too. The thing is... there arent many totalled 03 (or like year) manual FX4s out there, none the less the tranny for it plus all the other stuff (pedals, clutch, slave cylinder, computer, etc). Since you have the donor car on hand, it shouldnt be hard nor expensive. i think the electrical stuff may be the most difficult to figure out unless the harnesses are plug and play. Good luck, let us know how it goes.