Need a little more help or advice....

Hawk5252

Jun 4, 2007
I posted a couple weeks ago that my 05 GT was revving abnormally. I got a lot of good tips and tried a few things.

Details:

Has irradtic idle - when I let off gas it drops to about 2-300 rpms. The car has stalled twice. It ws throwing P0171, P0174 codes for running lean, before custom tune.

Have Demolet CAI with SCT tune (93 Octane), 75 shot zex nitrous.

What I have done:
Cleaned Throttle body
Cleaned MAF sensor
Made sure there were no air leaks, nothing loose on CAI or nitrous setup.
Thought it was in tune had dynoed and custom tuned - worked out all the A/F ratio issues on mid range, no longer throws codes.

I am leaning that it could be one of the following:
1)Fuel Injector
2)TPS
3)Bad MAF Sensor

Sorry for lengthy post but is there anything that I have missed or something else I can do before I have to take this back to stock (and convince dealership nitrous wasn't hooked up) and take back to dealership..??..

BTW...will give out props to the guys at Maximum Velocity ...the new custom tune is better with greater response in the mid range and they cut me a great deal on the Dyno and tuning. I will be going back to get the tune for 150 shot nitrous once I get these issues fixed. I guess the problem isn't in the tune.:shrug:

Any comments/help appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

I wasn't too happy with my Demolet tune:notnice: ..it pinged at first then check engine light came on and he ended up giving me run around that i had a bad sensor...I got a new tune from mail order...and best part was he left it unlocked so was I was able to play with it....now car feels like an animal. Yeah Sal!!!:nice:

I have been battling this problem for a while - I was going to take back to stock and let dealer look at it but I would have to remove all my nitrous stuff so i have good friend that owns a shop check it out without having to tear into the engine. He stated that he thought it was issues with the throttle body and I kept cleaning from the front but consistent in having the problem. I finally decided to go ahead and take the throttle body completely off and clean real good from front and back...the car is running a lot better today. I noticed that the intake behind the throttle body has a good oil residue in it when I looked in there with a light..question is ..How much oil should be in there??? Also it appears i am getting blow by and wandering has anyone installed a oil separator on the drivers side pcv and any pics suggestions on install. Im not a mechanic - so how serious is this issue??