Need a little vortech advice

00BlkStangGT

Jun 25, 2005
Pleasanton, Ca
Just a little quick background of the car. 2000 GT, manual, Vortech V1 S-trim, 3.33" pulley, diy fmic, blow thru maf, bov, long tubes, o/r x-pipe. Had the car dyno'd with the supercharger a few weeks back and it made 330rwhp/341rwtq. Numbers seemed kinda low to me, but hearing from some other people the V1's aren't as efficient and the big ass intercooler is losing a good amount of boost. Oh yeah, I'm only hitting 5lbs.

Question is, how many more lbs. and pwoer do you think I can pick up with the AFM powerpipe? Should I just go with that and get it retuned or should I do the powerpipe with a 3.12" pulley?

Any help is appareciated. By the way, the car runs strong and smooth and very happy with the tuners work. Just would like more power.

• Sponsors (?)

Just a little quick background of the car. 2000 GT, manual, Vortech V1 S-trim, 3.33" pulley, diy fmic, blow thru maf, bov, long tubes, o/r x-pipe. Had the car dyno'd with the supercharger a few weeks back and it made 330rwhp/341rwtq. Numbers seemed kinda low to me, but hearing from some other people the V1's aren't as efficient and the big ass intercooler is losing a good amount of boost. Oh yeah, I'm only hitting 5lbs.

Question is, how many more lbs. and pwoer do you think I can pick up with the AFM powerpipe? Should I just go with that and get it retuned or should I do the powerpipe with a 3.12" pulley?

Any help is appareciated. By the way, the car runs strong and smooth and very happy with the tuners work. Just would like more power.

5lbs?! get at least 10lbs flowing! lol

really, you need you could go with a 2.9 and still be OK with an IC, moderate timing, and proper 11.0-11.5 AFR