Need a part asap, help me out please.

91LX_5L

Founding Member
May 13, 2002
British Columbia
I need a new proportoning valve. The thing is here in Cananda they have been discontinued! So im hoping I could save some money (student) and see if anyone has one kicking around or a parts car? anyone know of anything?

thanks a lot. ps 94-96 work.

• Sponsors (?)

95CobraMike said:
what is it?? i have lots of parts laying around...
click on link heres one for a 1987-1993 stang could not find a picture of a 94-95 proportioning valve (also called brake pressure control valve) but their similar this valve meters the brake fluid and sends the right amount of brake fluid to front and rear brakes. the brake lines exiting the master cylinder are connected into the proportioning valve and the lines exit the proportioning valve enroute to abs system or brakes where applicable..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-9...33562QQitemZ8041455664QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

95CobraMike said:
what is it?? i have lots of parts laying around...

Its the little distibution block, your lines from your brake Master Clyinder run into it.

pvalve.jpg

ANYONE??? PLEASE?!

thanks

That's because that is for a plug.

Matt, the one I thought I had found was already sold when I got there.

Are you sure a Fox one won't work? I know a stock Fox one has 4 lines. If that's the case ... I personally know a guy that has a Fox body farm & he has tons of them lying around. I've never compared the two, so I don't know if it'll work or not.

SeventyMach1 said:
That's because that is for a plug.

Matt, the one I thought I had found was already sold when I got there.

Are you sure a Fox one won't work? I know a stock Fox one has 4 lines. If that's the case ... I personally know a guy that has a Fox body farm & he has tons of them lying around. I've never compared the two, so I don't know if it'll work or not.
:doh: didnt notice that