Need advice!!

NAVY90LX

Dec 5, 2019
Port Hueneme
Hey guys I’m new to the forum, I have a 90lx with 120xxx, I’ve already picked up An explorer intake, gt40 heads with 600 lift springs, still deciding on a camshaft because I plan on running the ON3 turbo kit with very mild boost numbers and I’ve read that the Stock cam is good for boost, I just would like some input on if this would be a good setup or if there’s places to improve in my plan, and also if anybody would have an idea of what my HP numbers would be? And help would be appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Your horsepower depends on a bunch of things. You will need bigger injectors...at least 42lb. And an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I use Kirban. Good street turbo hp would be around 400. I wouldn't advise any mods without first doing brake upgrades and going through the suspension. Subframe connectors are a must.

@ed Curtis can make you a camshaft that will be perfectly fit for what you want. The stock camshaft is ok but will leave a lot on the table as far as power goes.

I also recommend going with a stand alone ECU like MeagaSquirt 2 or 3. I use mspnp2. You'll save some money by not having to buy a MAF to match injectors.

I plan on doing all the supporting mods to support the turbo, what cam size would you guys recommend? I was discussing with a guy at a local speed shop and he recommended 112-14 lobe separation with about 515 lift, also how long can I expect the stock block if I’m pushing 400hp it’s my daily and probably won’t see a track for while

I think the stock block is good for at least 500hp maybe a little more. If you are planning on no more than 400 at the wheels you should be good. Especially if you dont plan on beating on it at the track. This is all based on what I have picked up reading threads here. Brakes, frame stiffening and suspension upgrades are almost a must. These cars never stopped very good with the factory setup.