need answers before buying headlights...

MI95Cobra

Aug 20, 2006
Oklahoma City
i'm thinking about buying some new headlights for my cobra...i'm debating between the projector style or the clear diamond style....after i get the headlights can i go ahead and put them on or will i have to do somethings first.....i've heard talk that some are bad about getting condensation inside the lens....is there away to prevent this...someone mentioned drilling a tiny hole in the bottom part to allow drainage, i heard another person went through and sealed theirs before install....any healp would be helpful in my decision thanks.....:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

I purchased some projector halo lights off of ebay because they were only 80.00 an Ive not had any problems with condensation. Also on these there are holes in the back tubes that let the lights breath when they are hot, They also look sweet too! dual halo with 3 led and its a 1 piece that also includes the turn signals, Im not sure of the seller but he has a very high-tech design for his pages , IE shows the lights turn off an on while you are lookin at the description on his auction

There have been alot of "projectors suck" kind of threads recently. Alot of people have a hard time adjusting them so they aim properly. I got just regular clear headlights from ebay, and before I put them on I just laid a bead or clear silicone around the glued joint of the housing and lense to prevent moisture from getting in. I've had them on for 10 months now and never had any issues. Huge improvement on road lighting over the stock ones even with regular halogen bulbs :nice:

yea i seen the projector suck threads but ive had no problems with them maybe if you buy some cheap crap then yea they will suck. I did purchase JDM , also they adjusting is just like any other light losing the screws adjust and tightin like make sure you adjust inside of a garage so u can see where they are aiming an you can do it during the day also

1pc halos

I got 1 pc halos from www.mrbodykit.com and i love them. The pattern of light on the road is greatly improved over a standered lense. But i will admit they are a pain to adjust :bang: because they are 1pc. If you adjust them too far in the inside it pulls the corner light away from the body. I adjust mine as close as i could and they work great. Condensation has not been an issue. But be sure you have the bulbs in them that you want cause one they are in you can not change the bulbs with out taking out the whole thing. And you get what you pay for 1 gave 400 for mine. But i dont regret it they are high quality. Over all i give them a 9 out of 10:nice:

I guess im use to adjusting lights haha... For someone new yea it might be a pain in the ass been a fan of 1 pc since 1999 with my cougar and had paid almost 500.00 at the time for demon eye headlamps

I mean if you like an import look to the mustang then get it

if you like more of a stock look but newer style just get the clears