Need carb help Engine dying

I got a 351w with a 600cfm holley vacuum secondaries. The problem Im having is the car is dying at idle after a little while. It starts fine. Idles fine for a little while. I looked down into the carb while it is idling and after a little while ( 30 seconds after start up) fuel will start to come out of the venturis ( I think that is what there called) and flood the motor so it dies. If I open the butterflies when this starts to happen it will clean things up with the extra air to compensate the extra fuel. But when I let it idle again after a little while fuel will start to come out of the venturis again thus flooding the motor. Does the float level have anything to do with this? Im stuck and looking for some help. What do you think?

• Sponsors (?)

Floats could be sticking. Next time it does it, take a big screw driver, flip it and hit the top of the needle/seat adjuster nut and see if that fixes it. If not, then you either have the floats set too high and/or have too much fuel pressure. If all else fails, change the needle/seats, these are sold separately at the big chain auto parts stores in the hi-po parts section.