Need Exhaust Help!

Trudawg68

Feb 1, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I just purchased a 2006 Mustang GT. The previous owner installed a 3" exhaust system from manifold back which defeated the Cats. The system has a leak at manifold so I took it to muffler shop and the guy showed me how botched the install was (pipes sitting on gas tank, rubbing on suspension, etc.) He suggested removing the system (X pipe system).. I have the Stock system I can go back with but I am afraid of loosing sound and horsepower.. My question is, Should I go back with the stock cats and system to the Axle then install an Axle back system for sound? Or should I spend the time and money to remove the X pipe system and fix it properly? I really appreciate any info anyone can give me on this subject.. Thanks all!!

• Sponsors (?)

Exhausts are one thing that are very subjective, as each of us likes a different sound. If you have a full aftermarket system that was designed for the car and like the sound coming from it, I'd spend the time adjusting it

If you like the sound your current exhaust makes, I would just fix it. Otherwise, spend some time listening to other exhaust systems online. Everyone has a different opinion...you need to go with the sound you like.