Need Flywheel Help Asap

1991vert

10 Year Member
Feb 27, 2004
Ludlow, MA
installing new fidanza flywheel and i dont see a way to get it to get it to stop rotating unless i jam a flat head screw driver against the frame and the flywheel tooth. none of the holes on the flywheel actually go through to the other side.

help! need to get finished by tonight!

• Sponsors (?)

there is also a hole top dead center of the flywheel, that goes through the blockplate, to the block right where the freeze plug is. Sometimes I use a big socket on the crank bolt. It won't come loose, i've done that at least 5-6 times.

I believe what I did was put one of the flywheel bolts in the flywheel, and thread one of the top bellhousing bolts in... then took a wrench and put the open end on the flywheel bolt, and the other end on the bellhousing bolt. Then when you put the other flywheel bolts in the flywheel doesn't move because the wrench keeps the flywheel from turning. I believe you have to do this on the drivers side of the flywheel/bellhousing. It didn't do any damage to the flywheel or anything. I have done it this way a couple of times with no issues.