Need guys Who've Heard Alot Of Exhausts Combo's

hotstang_46

Apr 11, 2007
Charlotte NC
I was working on my brakes and found my 10 year old flow master weld in's rusted through where they clamp to the stock catback. It's a very small hole but it's there, and with the rest of the exhaust being brand new I should get a new catback.

I want to switch up the sound a little. I have bbk shorties and an off road pro chamber. I love the sound of my flow 40's but they are just a tad too quiet. I've been trying to listen to clips and I think I might light to change up the sound to either a Stinger, Magnaflow, Bassani, Or Mac set up.

However I can't have it too loud. I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH, my idle cannot be too loud. I have neighbors in san diego that are in very very close proximity in a small alley lined with homes that are packed in that will make start up even louder. Maybe just like a step up from where I'm at right now. I kind of feel like my flows sound best when cruising but aren't that loud when I stomp on it. Are any of those somewhat muted on idle but louder when you get on it? Another thing I need to stay away from is raspyness, which I know the pro chamber will help with.

Mac would be my number 1 choice but from what I've read I think that may be the loudest. So then I'm thinking Magnaflow will be the quietest, but that's strictly from what I can hear on the net. and I know they have two systems, a magnapack and another one. Don't know the diff between them. Anyone that's heard these that can give an opinion would be awesome. It's hard when I can't hear any of these in person. There are just not many stangs around here. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I have the standard magnaflows on my car with bbk shorties and an o/r h and i love it. I have received tons of compliments on the sound. It is quiet at idle and below 2k rpms, but really opens up above that point. It straight screams at WOT and I have no problems scaring pedestrians around cross walks. Magnapacks with an o/r are going to be extremely loud.

I have the standard magnaflows on my car with bbk shorties and an o/r h and i love it. I have received tons of compliments on the sound. It is quiet at idle and below 2k rpms, but really opens up above that point. It straight screams at WOT and I have no problems scaring pedestrians around cross walks. Magnapacks with an o/r are going to be extremely loud.

This is what you have right? Magnaflow Catback Exhaust (99-04 GT / Mach 1 / Bullitt) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

My only concern is that the pro chamber is known for quieting things down....and this set up possibly being too quiet.

Those are the mufflers I have, welded into the roush side exhaust for my car. If your worried about it being too quiet, I would go with the magnapacks and just try and keep it in the lower rpm's when your in your neighborhood. I live in a group of townhomes and all my friends know exactly when I leave, and when i get back and I try and keep it under 2k while leaving. I will say after having magnaflows on both my fox and my 2v, it's probably the only muffler I'll ever buy. My buddy has a catted x and slp I's on his car and his is a little louder in the lower rpm's, but mine trumps his at WOT IMHO

I get enough attention from police in my car as it is, and its actually kinda nice to not be bothered about my exhaust from them. Sure if it wasnt my dd I would probably throw on some magnapacks, but what I have now suites my taste. When I can afford a DD ill throw some magnapacks on, whether if it's on the roush, or another mustang down the road.

oh man decisions...thanks for writing back......

I've never cared for x pipe sound.....I don't like the raspiness.

Pro chamber all the way, not as loud..and that's fine, but what great sound quality with one.

Its funny that you say that, i always didnt care for offroad x either they always sound way to raspy!, till i bought my car which already had one i was going to get rid of it for an offroad h, but decided to try some flowmasters american thunder 40's before i got rid of it and ended up liking it.

But on a prochamber midpipe id say give mac flowpaths a try, always loved the deep sound they produce, and i guess you can keep them quiet just keep the rpms down haha