Need help accessing my driverside door wire harness!

laymaan

Jul 17, 2011
So about a year ago I let my brother get behind the wheel! He spin's the wheel's while driving, loses control car does a donut into a pole! Finally found a replacement door, and I finally decide to do the swap. So I get everything stripped almost to "home-plate" but I can't seem to figure how to get to the wire harness to unplug it from under the dash!
Help!

• Sponsors (?)

So about a year ago I let my brother get behind the wheel! He spin's the wheel's while driving, loses control car does a donut into a pole! Finally found a replacement door, and I finally decide to do the swap. So I get everything stripped almost to "home-plate" but I can't seem to figure how to get to the wire harness to unplug it from under the dash!
Help!

laymaan,

If you want to be able to remove this you must remove the plastic fender lining behind the driverside wheel. There will be a connector which you will need to unbolt in order to remove the harness from the interior. This is how it was on my old 2000 Mustang and I suspicion that it may be the same for my '05 GT as well.

I found a nice Mustang wiring diagram illustrating the bolted connector.

Let me know if you have any problems removing the blasted thing :flag:

Hey there,

I am running into the exact problem. I took off the fender and I'm ready to unbolt the door hinges, but I can't unplug the $%@%^÷ door harness behind the kick panel.There are two plugs, one I got, but the second one is way up in there. I found lots of videos on the tube but no one is actually taking off the door all the way.

Laymaan, how did you get it unplugged?

Stangbaby75, do you have another diagram, that link doesn't work.

Any other suggestions welcome!