Need help, broken fuel line to fuel rail

callys

Oct 14, 2005
This past week I have been installing AFR heads and an e303, I am almost done.

6 months ago a rather shady mechanic worked on my car. The front fuel line, where it enters the rail is completely stuck in there. Nothing will bring it out. I had a professional try to get the line off with a metal tool instead of the cheap plastic ones and it will would not come off. We could compress the spring but the nozzle will not come out of the female end on the rail.

So we ended up cutting the circular spring retainer off. Now there is just a nipple sticking out of the rail. In the process of trying to remove it I also kinked the fuel line. None of my local Ford dealers carry a complete replacement line.

Do I have to use a plastic "repair kit" style line where you have to heat it up to get it on the nipple? Or can I get conventional 5/16 "high pressure fuel injection" rubber line from the local parts house and just clamp it real good at the firewall and the rail.

I do not want to have to end up buying new aftermarket fuel rails, and since I cant get the complete line with the circular spring style retaining clip I am at a loss.

• Sponsors (?)