Need help, car won't run....

5.0TheBeast

Oct 3, 2007
Texas
Ok been checkin the site out for awhile N I now have a reason to join so i'am new, hi. Ok i've got a 92' foxbody/hatch 5.0, MODS- Flex-a-lite electric fan, BBK hearders, X-pipe/cat combo, Flowtech dumped exhaust(not happy with the sound), weiand water pump(not yet installed), 24Lbs. Injectors, MAF calabrated for the injectors, 255LPH fuel pump, and numerous new stock parts starter relay, PCV valve, etc. Alright I was goin 125mph down the road headin to my house turned into the neighborhood. Goin down the street i hit the brakes just hard enough to scatch the tires(for no reason) as i pulled up to the stop sign the car backfired bout 8 times and it seemed to be boggin down or a loss of power somewhere. I gave it gas to continue the ride i was barely rollin so i floored it doin 15mph. It backfired a few more times acted like it died then came back 30ft more and it died started it back up and rolled into the drive way. I got it started back up in the driveway but only by floorin it and even still i could only get 2,500rpms i took off the stock MAF and got 4,500 rpms.

I checked fuses, battery,replaced the fuel filter,starter relay, took off the valve covers found burnt chunky oil, replaced fuel pump, oil pump, replaced stock injectors with 24lbs. ones,upgraded MAF, replaced distributor cap and rotor,replaced the IAC,and checked the inergia switch think thats bout it.

It hasnt been runnin for bout a month now and 3 days ago i finally gave and decided to get help i still dont wont to take it to the shop, i know what happens there. So i got a buddy to call his friend from UTI he came out looked around N said that he hasnt worked on a car this old lol thats a good feeling anyways sprayin carb N choke cleaner into the throttle body it cranked up for a sec, it wouldnt idle. Any ideas?? i would appreciate the help thank you Zack sorry i know its alot to read

• Sponsors (?)