need help deciding on a new clutch

belzebub2u

Oct 10, 2004
Woodstock GA
well that didn't take long.. . clutch is starting to slip a bit, im just waiting for it to go out. Just need some help deciding what clutch to buy. i was looking at the centerforce DF, but i read about anthony's problems, and was wondering if it is a good one. anyone have any other suggestions? maybe a spec or is the CFDF a good choice for a boosted 06 car?

• Sponsors (?)

Spec Stage 3+ w/ flywheel. I believe this is the ticket with the 3650. Also, you can get a "low pedal effort" option that makes the pedal pressure almost stocklike. From all the reading of done there are many people running this setup with great results. Some people are having good luck with the fidenza stuff too. Anthony may not be the only one with these problems either, as I have read other articles about similar failures. Although, some people out there are having very good luck with Centerforce DFX setups.

I burned out my Stock clutch doing a long somokey burnout on Christmas day...after reading, researching and feedback from fellow members, I decided to go with a SPEC Stage 2 + and SPEC Steel flywheel from Brenspeed. Not installed yet but I know it will be able to put up with my abuse from my Kenne Bell. Great price by the way plus free shipping!

I hear the McLeod set up is good. I've had great luck with the Centerforce DF. I hear the DFX is a great set up for even higher hp and tq. Justin Burcham swears by it. I'd say Centerforce DF up to 450ft lbs torque and the DFX for higher torque set ups.