need help finding place to buy plugs and connectors from

cardude

Founding Member
Apr 20, 2000
Portland, OR
I am rewiring a large part of my car through adding G3 alt and H4 headlights and wanted to add new connectors to the headlights for example. where is a good place to find specific connectors like this?

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I believe MSD sells waterproof, multi-pin connectors (2,4,6,8). I used them on my sequential tail light kit from Scott Drake because I did not like his crimp on connectors. The MSD connectors really make a clean installation and easy future maintainence. I believe Summit Racing and Jegs sells them.

The best thing for your H4 headlights is to wire them up using a relay harness kit, available from Summit. This will give you brighter headlights and will reduce the electrical load on the switch. Use the SEARCH function to find threads regarding this, it has been covered well.

I've personally used the MSD connectors and I must agree they are very nice. pricey but nice.

I would also be interested in a good source for automotive wiring supplies.

I wired my whole car from scratch. I used several sources for all the parts

Waytek wire (waytekwie.com) has weathrpack connectors, molded connectors, relays, and just about everything you would need to wire a car, except headlight connectors

You can also find some stuff (like headlight connectors) at Centech
http://www.centechwire.com/catalog/accessories/hlc1.shtml

I was able to find alot of stuff locally as well. Try a local electrical parts store