Engine Need help: heater hose routing for 92 2.3 liter

SpeedLobo

Dec 20, 2019
USA
I am stumped and could use help ...
I just replaced the heater core on my 92 2.3 liter. Now, I'm trying to unravel the hose routing from the engine to the core. My specific question is, I can see where the temp sensor housing goes inline (between thermostat and core), what I'm not seeing is where the heater valve goes (or does it)? I have part number E25Y18D371A for the valve. It looks like it would go inline before or after the temp sensor.
Guidance and / or pics of a working system would sure help.

• Sponsors (?)

I am stumped and could use help ...
I just replaced the heater core on my 92 2.3 liter. Now, I'm trying to unravel the hose routing from the engine to the core. My specific question is, I can see where the temp sensor housing goes inline (between thermostat and core), what I'm not seeing is where the heater valve goes (or does it)? I have part number E25Y18D371A for the valve. It looks like it would go inline before or after the temp sensor.
Guidance and / or pics of a working system would sure help.

I believe that model has a "blend door" vice a heater valve...look up under the passenger dash for the cable that comes from you dash temp control---it should connect to a lever operating the door. Alternatively, try to remember what the inside of the heater box looked like when you had the core out---you probably saw the door then (noting that the temp control cable may actually connect on the heater box under the hood. Happy hunting.