NEED HELP NO LIGHTS

huskerpower02

Aug 21, 2003
KS
okay. so get this. my gauge lights, nightime taillights, and my front corner lights dont work at all. I am absolutly pissed. What the hell could be wrong. i really need some help on this one guys. :(

• Sponsors (?)

pleasehelp said:
:OT: You're selling your stang?? :nonono:

yes. but not cause of this incident. very long story. to sum some of it up....
  1. Debts
  2. Insurance
  3. Car Payment
  4. Maintnence
  5. Working 2 jobs
  6. All while still in high school=
No more fun. It was fun for awhile and still is when i hear comments from grown men like "Thats a very sweet car man" People were going crazy over it tonight at my friend block party. So it was fun being the center of attention for awhile, but not during my high school/teenage years. Maybe after a couple years or during college ill get another one.

But back on topic, i really need to know what the hell is going on. Im taking it to the mechanic tomorrow and i would just like to have some type of idea of what hes going to say. If he says, "well your wiring went out on everything. Bills gonna be around $500" im gonna drink the 2 cases of beer i have right now and drive as fast as i can to the person that sold me this car and then ****ing kill them....

any idea which fuses go where and to what? im still trying to work a plan out with my parents to see if they can help me out for awhile during my senior year so ill be able to keep the car. but oh well. we'll see. i really hope i can stay. this is the best forum i have been to with the friendliest people.

Been there done that.

First, take your guage cluster off. Get to the relays/switch that turns your lgiths on and off (and of course, take the knob off to get the guage cluster off...)

Now, remove the two bolts the hold the light switch in.

Pul it out, inspect the wires. Are they melted? Find which one is hot (functioning), and while being verrrrry careful, get a short wire (speaker wire, anything), and jump from the hot one to each other slot (youll knwo what I mean by each slot). By this I mean stickone end of the short wire into the hot wire, then put the other end into the other slots, various lights should come on.

By process of elim you can see whats bad.

Or, if a wire is visbly burnt, track it, cut it, replace it.

Wiring is one of the biggest hassles EVER to work on. This might help you out.

brentwoodboy said:
Been there done that.

First, take your guage cluster off. Get to the relays/switch that turns your lgiths on and off (and of course, take the knob off to get the guage cluster off...)

Now, remove the two bolts the hold the light switch in.

Pul it out, inspect the wires. Are they melted? Find which one is hot (functioning), and while being verrrrry careful, get a short wire (speaker wire, anything), and jump from the hot one to each other slot (youll knwo what I mean by each slot). By this I mean stickone end of the short wire into the hot wire, then put the other end into the other slots, various lights should come on.

By process of elim you can see whats bad.

Or, if a wire is visbly burnt, track it, cut it, replace it.

Wiring is one of the biggest hassles EVER to work on. This might help you out.

thanks for your input. well im not mechanically inclined enough to pull that off so i guess im ****ed and taking it to the mechanic so he can rape me on the price. Might as well buy some white face gauges and tell him to put those on there while hes at it. :bang:

thanks for your input. well im not mechanically inclined enough to pull that off so i guess im ****ed and taking it to the mechanic so he can rape me on the price. Might as well buy some white face gauges and tell him to put those on there while hes at it. :bang:

Don't get a mechanic. That's a very easy job to do. Took me around a half hour and i'm very far from mechanically inclined. I had the same problem with my 95 coming through the rockies last year, checked it out, and got the wiring cluster out of a wrecked V6 in a scrapyard. It's a common problem with Ford's from around that era. Do not get a mechanic, you'll feel alot worse when you see how little work he's got to do for all the money you'll be spending. :nice: