Need Help Picking Out Springs!

TwoToneHatch

Mar 22, 2007
New Jersey
My '89 GT has all stock suspension(save Ford Racing A-Arms) and the front sits higher than the rear of the car. The car is my daily driver that will see the track on nice days. I'm looking for a set of that will lower the front to be atleast even with the rear and wont negatively effect launching the car or take away clearance for a nice drag radial in the rear.

I have a set of 4cylinder front springs I can put in the front but how are they on the street? I'm used to driving with no front sway bar so I can't imagine it being to bad. Anyway please leave any suggestions and input, thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I would do a set of coilovers up front. Like you I drive around all the time with no sway bar. Im not sure what your car weighs but, I started with the Granatelli "drag" coilover kit. It comes with 12" 200lbs springs & it felt the same to me as driving around on 20 year old stock springs. As money is always an issue, for me anyway, when you can afford to do so, put some adjustable struts up front too. That way you can tighten them up for daily driving and loosen them at the track.