Need Help Quick

Sketchy_GT

Nov 13, 2016
so as I was driving home from the shop last night my check engine light came on and when I got home I scanned the code and it came back with P0190 which from what I can tell is a fuel rail pressure sensor but I've also seen that other stuff can cause this code. The car does sputter one in awhile while turning and gearing down or pulling out and running it out into 3000 RPMs and say I'm sitting at a red light the rpms will fluctuate between idling at 800 and dropping to 400 like it would stall but it comes back up so does this sound like the fuel rail pressure sensor or something else

• Sponsors (?)

So I changed the fuel filter and I agree it needed it but it still didn't fix the issue now it just climbs to over 1000 rpms before it falls to 400 while just idling still has the code

Attachments

• IMG_1070.JPG
    IMG_1070.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 174
The weird thing is after I put gas in the car it doesn't stutter or buck around but it still does the weird idle thing but once it starts getting low of fuel it goes stupid

so to let everyone know i fixed the problem. i started to take the FRPS off this Saturday and when i pulled off the vacuum line on it a piece came out of the line protector that was about 5 inches long so 1 new 2 foot long vacuum line later and the car runs and idles better than it ever has (obviously it should since a vacuum line was literally broke in half)

I'm about 98% sure it is and since my fuel gauge doesn't work anyway and i know its because of the float in the tank im going to put the whole assembly in sometime either this month or the first of april

With a pump that has that many service hours... I wouldn't expect it to be doing much beyond circulating fuel inside of the tank. hehe

when i checked my fuel pressure and at idle it was at like 37-39 so its actually doing very good but if I'm going in there to change the unit out I would obviously change the pump that way I should only have to go in there 1 time. but my last GT had 186,000 when i sold it and replaced the still working perfectly fuel pump at 179,000 so i have some faith lol

when i checked my fuel pressure and at idle it was at like 37-39 so its actually doing very good but if I'm going in there to change the unit out I would obviously change the pump that way I should only have to go in there 1 time. but my last GT had 186,000 when i sold it and replaced the still working perfectly fuel pump at 179,000 so i have some faith lol

You don't really know that it's doing good unless you're able to observe fuel pressure at power settings. They have an internal by-pass that doesn't always function the greatest when it's :scratch: old.

The car does sputter one in awhile while turning and gearing down or pulling out and running it out into 3000 RPMs and say I'm sitting at a red light the rpms will fluctuate between idling at 800 and dropping to 400 like it would stall but it comes back up so does this sound like the fuel rail pressure sensor or something else

Other items that have the potential to cause these symptoms:

Vacuum leak
TPS
IAC
VSS Signal Wire
O2 Sensor(s)

Have you pulled codes?

Other items that have the potential to cause these symptoms:

Vacuum leak
TPS
IAC
VSS Signal Wire
O2 Sensor(s)

Have you pulled codes?

did you not see the post i posted first thing this morning about me fixing it this weekend because of a broken vacum line

so to let everyone know i fixed the problem. i started to take the FRPS off this Saturday and when i pulled off the vacuum line on it a piece came out of the line protector that was about 5 inches long so 1 new 2 foot long vacuum line later and the car runs and idles better than it ever has (obviously it should since a vacuum line was literally broke in half)