need help replacing harmonic damper.. anybody have experience?

dderek

Feb 29, 2004
i got my puller/installer kit today, so i went out to work on it.

well. i managed to get the pulley off of the damper... so theres the 4 bolt holes needed for the puller. now the center crankshaft bolt thats holding on the damper.. how the hell do you get that off? i hooked up my impact wrench at 100psi and let it hammer away at it for a little bit.
didnt move a bit.

im going to go out and spray some liquid wrench on it, let that sit.. and see if that helps..

if anybody else has any tricks or things i should know. help me out.

thanks
derek

• Sponsors (?)

89sleeper said:
Should come off with an impact wrench. :shrug: Did you have the wrench turned up all the way? If that doesn't work you could always try a 1/2 inch breaker bar.

yeah, 125 psi, no go. just jiggled my hands around.
id try a breaker bar. but does anybody have any suggestions from keeping the motor from turning over? it turns over very easy. makes it hard to give it a try by hand with no impact wrench.

*update*
went back out. forgot about the little dial on the bottom of the impact wrench. it was on 3 of 4. turned it to 4. cranked it one more time, and it broke loose.
not sure if the dial helped. or the gallon of liquid wrench i sprayed in there each time.
but it broke loose, balancer is in the garage now. then it started raining.. so. tomorrow it is

89sleeper said:
Glad to hear you got it off! :nice: Thats what I meant earlier when I said "Did you have the wrench turned up all the way?"

i didnt even see that... maybe i did and didnt notice. but abouter 1-2 minutes after reading this. i remembered that stupid knob on the bottom.
probably subconcious help
thanks 89 sleeper :nice: