need help rigging up heater

dragnazz5.0

My "0" key d0esn't w0rk, s0 I have t0 use the zer0
Nov 19, 2005
mooresville, nc
alright fellas...something is definetly wrong with my heater and im not tearing my dash apart to figure out what is exactly wrong with it. all i need to do is to be able to turn the blower on and switch from defroster vents to dash vents. i dont need to be able to adjust from hot to cold....i just want heat. right now i dont have the controls in the car but i will be putting them back in this week. im just wondering if there is any way to do this without tearing the dash apart. i havent been able to really find a diagram that is helpful at all or i just havent looked at one hard enough to figure it out. thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

I could tell you how to do it if your car were a 73. On my old stang there is an arm that comes from the heater control box that simply opens a flap that normally covers the heater core in the heater air box.

If your car is similar then you need to rig that flap open somehow. Then you need to rig a switch into your wiring harness that will get power to your blower motor and you're set.
After looking at my roommates 86's dash area I think you'll need some luck, but I don't think you're facing an impossible task.

yeah i dont think it will be bad. the controls still work and it turns the air on and off but it only will blow out of the defroster vents and the floor and it wont blow hot air. i just need to look at a diagram and figure out what needs to be zip-tied shut or open

Roland69 said:
maby you heater core was bypassed....

nope....im not that retarded. i replaced the heater core because it was leaking. its not hooked up right now but i will hook it up later this week once i get the controls in and figured out. basically i want to get the controls working but i want to get rid of the vacuum controls and just have a pull cable to switch from vents to window defroster