Need Help Transmission Question

ADavis40

Jan 1, 2011
KY
My uncle has a 1991 ford mustang gt with a ford racing t5 transmisson. My question is after upgrading from a stock clutch to a ram heavy duty clutch and a lakewood steel bellhousing and changed out the clutch fork that was needed for the lakewood bellhousing, I also have a adjusted clutch cable that can be adjusted from the firewall or the clutch fork can not get it to shift properly it dose not glide into gear you half to push it in, also replaced the pivot ball that was recommoned for the lakewood bellhousing I was wandering if I dont have the pivot ball adjusted correctly how do you adjust the pivot ball without taking the tranmission out? Getting tired of taking it in and out any suggestions please let me know it would be greatly appercited. My last question is, dose the speedo gear in the tranny need to be changed to correct it for a 4:30 gear ratio what parts are needed?

Thanks for all replies:)

• Sponsors (?)

I just had a similar issue with an adjustable cable. I ran out of adjustment at the trans. So I took both of the nuts off the cable and welded 3 washers and a nut together and put it in front of the adjusting nuts to give me more travel. It works fine now. Depending on the clutch quadrant the cable may be too long for your setup.