Need Help!.. TURBO on a 347 Stroker

Hello there everybody!, i just currently got a turbo off a Thunderbird 4 cyl turbo, and i am planning to put in on my 347 stroker mustang! it's a small turbo, but i want to see what i could do with that turbo, My concern is my compression, it's a 10:1, would it hurt? Should i lower my compression? Any comments would be appreciated. :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

I see 3 possible issues

1.) Mismatched turbo - One turbo off a Turbocoupe is not enough. 2 of them may not flow wenough to be effective enoguht o be worth the hassle. You would need at least 2 - T3/T4 hybrids.
2.) Too high compression - 10:1 is too high for any boost over 4 or 5 psi.
3.) Piston pin in ring lands and boost might not be a good combination. I'm thinking blow by, pressure lose and piston strength may be issues.

How many pros run turbo and 347? Noen that I can remember. Strength and longevity are suspect.

Stang8URMPRT said:
1 Small ass T-3 turbo from a Turbo Coupe will be more of a restriction then anything. It's WAY too small to power a 347. You'd have to make a twin turbo set up with TWO of those to make it work.

Yep.... that 347 will suck that turbo inside out. Might make a nice paper weight if you polish it up and make it shiney though! :D

tjm73 said:
I see 3 possible issues

1.) Mismatched turbo - One turbo off a Turbocoupe is not enough. 2 of them may not flow wenough to be effective enoguht o be worth the hassle. You would need at least 2 - T3/T4 hybrids.
2.) Too high compression - 10:1 is too high for any boost over 4 or 5 psi.
3.) Piston pin in ring lands and boost might not be a good combination. I'm thinking blow by, pressure lose and piston strength may be issues.

How many pros run turbo and 347? Noen that I can remember. Strength and longevity are suspect.

What he said.