NEED HELP URGENT!!! MY MUSTANG'S COMPUTER HAS GONE MAD!!!

gotgasracing

Jul 15, 2005
Guys!!! help plse!!!!

I was driving today to the movies and got a parking space... after the movie, I walked to my car and the computer had gone madd!!! The user display said "DTE FLI DATA ERR", and just about all sensors where not working. I couldn't even set my blinkers!!!

The car started no problem, but it read, "LOW FUEL LEVEL; OIL PRESSURE LOW; BRAKE FLUID LOW; airbags off, TCS off, " everything was going off on my car!!!

Can anyone tell me if this has happened to you? how did it get fixed!!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

PLEASE, I AM DESPERATE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

The Cylons must have infected your computer.

Have you driven your car in the rain or parked it out in the open where rain could touch the car? It's possible your smart junction box (SJB) has shorted out. When the SJB shorts out, weird stuff happens...

I'm sort of glad I didn't get the message center / trip computer or the IUP. I just have to worry about the fuel sender and the SJB though :)

I had this happen when the temp dropped below 20 degrees. The dealer replaced the battery. It came back. The entire cluster and Shaker system. It came back. They finally replaced the smart junction box and the problem hasn't returned. Hope this helps.

-Chops

Wow

You know if some one who had no knowlege of Mustangs was trying to look here to learn something about them, what they would learn is to NOT buy a Mustang for sure!

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like you should be able to park in the rain for weeks and still expect to have a dry car on the inside? If I had some of the problems I read about in here, I would have had to get rid of my 07 GT months ago.
This poor guy just went to the movies, he should expect to have no problems with his Stang, if all that had happaned to me, I would be freaking out :eek:

All this has me wondering when something weird like this is going to happan to me.

You know if some one who had no knowlege of Mustangs was trying to look here to learn something about them, what they would learn is to NOT buy a Mustang for sure!

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like you should be able to park in the rain for weeks and still expect to have a dry car on the inside? If I had some of the problems I read about in here, I would have had to get rid of my 07 GT months ago.
This poor guy just went to the movies, he should expect to have no problems with his Stang, if all that had happaned to me, I would be freaking out :eek:

All this has me wondering when something weird like this is going to happan to me.

:Word:

I park mine outside all the time, mainly because i have no garage.

I had this happen when the temp dropped below 20 degrees. The dealer replaced the battery. It came back. The entire cluster and Shaker system. It came back. They finally replaced the smart junction box and the problem hasn't returned. Hope this helps.

-Chops

HMMM... I have not seen the smart junction box problem yet myself but I checked the ford internal message board and yeah some people have had a problem with that.. I find it interesting that they replaced the shaker amps, that has been a common fix for the battery drain issue.. or at aleast what some people at ford seem to think fixes it.

This one could be a smart junction box issue, but the other thread I think is a cluster problem.. it's kind of hard to tell without being there too test it..

The SJB is located on the right side of the passenger's footwell. It's accessed through a plastic panel cut-out. Look for plastic film covering the SJB, as well as a "rain gutter" above it.

When you first look at it, you might think that the water is coming in through that grommet. Actually most that fixed the leak found the water comes from the top, where there is missing body sealer. So when the cowl assembly takes in a lot of water it can trickle down the hole and soak the carpet and short out the SJB.

Me too

:Word:

I park mine outside all the time, mainly because i have no garage.

NO garage for me either, but I do have a car port. Do you have water leakes and or any of the ugly stuff mentioned here? I have been in severall hard rain storms for hours and never got a speck of moisture inside any where. Plus I wash it at least twice a week or more, and wash the engine compartment compleatly if dirty water got under the hood from a road trip.

Never a slight couph out my 07 GT even after washing the engine.

So basically the dealer said my sequential taillights from CDC where the cause of my problem. They took them out and everything went away. Not before 9 days of rental car and the price for switching the harnesses. All in all, the sequentials cost me $500 and they aren't on the car.