Need help with car dying

RedStang.02

Jul 14, 2019
Texas
Hey guys and gals i need help with my 2002 mustang gt manual, it's dies after stepping on it you could say or doing a pull, or accelerating a lot to get on the highway, in other words i dies afterwords giving it a lot of gas and i don't know what it is. another thing is when i start the car it will take a while to crank then the car starts but the rpms clunk you can say.
Please help ask me for any info to try to solve this.

• Sponsors (?)

Do you want an "out of the box" WAG? How about alternator brush bounce? Under high RPM's the brushes are loosing contact with slip rings due to brush and slip ring wear. This is causing the alternator to drop out at moment of greatest electrical demand. The ignition system's power requirements are the greatest under high load any reduction in voltage will have an impact on the ignition system and PCM.

Don't cut corners with the charging system.

Howto perform charging system voltage drop test

Last edited:
Do you want an "out of the box" WAG? How about alternator brush bounce? Under high RPM's the brushes are loosing contact with slip rings. This is causing the alternator to drop out at moment of greatest electrical demand. The ignition system's power requirements are the greatest under high load any reduction in voltage will have an impact on the ignition system and PCM.

Don't cut corners with the charging system.

Howto perform charging system voltage drop test
[/Thank you