Need help with exhaust setup

Insane 5.0

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2000
Arlington, TX.
Need help with exhaust

So right now, I have a spintech catback system installed on my 1992 GT, and it is noticably better sounding and a bit faster.

My next plans are to get a 1 5/8 long tube header, and some kind of X pipe.

I have a few dillemas though. I would like to run an off-road X pipe, but I need to pass emissions. This leaves me with a few options... please help me out

A) X pipe with high-flow cats
B) X pipe with cut out section where i can bolt in cats, or take them out and bolt in straight pipe
C) off road X-pipe, and get my car illegally inspected.

SO please help me choose which option above is best, and also..... please give me the best brands of long tube header & X pipe configuration for maxium power. All I care about is all out power, and preferrably stainless steel, regardless of cost.

or, if you know of any place where i can get my car inspected with off road pipes in the DFW area of TX, message me @ AIM: aggiehulk (I would be willing to pay $$$)

• Sponsors (?)

You would need to know a very trustworthy mechanic. Without cats not many at all will mess around because the fines are now ridcoulous at least up here in pa. The fines are up to $10,000 and a revoktion of the liscense to inspect. Pretty hefty! I would recommend getting a good shop to setyou up with the section you could take out to pass emmisions. I had the off road h pipe and this place wouldn't touch it, then I put to hiflo cats on it and they did it after i put the cats on.

I didn't notice that the sound got much lower or that the car suffered any type of performance lost.

Well the thing is, I want to run long tube headers.

What kind of good X pipe, with high-flow cats installed will fit onto a long tube header?

I am really interested in the bassani X pipe with cats, and maybe the pypesexhaust kind..... I just cant tell what will fit. help!