Need help with fuel lines!!!

EVIL-LX

Dec 19, 2006
does anybody have any pictures of their stock fuel lines and how they are routed. plus all the connectors and where they are located. i have a four-cylinder conversion lx and its been killing me lately cause whoever did the conversion didnt know what they were doing. plus i was stupid enough to buy pre-bent fuel lines from inline-tube.com which didnt come with the fittings on the end of each line. :bang: so i cant return them! since they were custom ordered. does anyone have any suggestions on how i can still use these lines that i am stuck with. i have the correct 5.0 fuel rails i just dont know how to hook these lines up correctly any help would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure how you would attach the connectors to the lines by yourself. :shrug:

Your best bet might be to get a used set.

The rubber lines come into the engine bay on the passenger side down close to the sway bar. The metal bent lines connect to the rubber lines, then they attach to a metal bracket that bolts to the block just behind the alternator bracket, under the head.

They then run up to the fuel rail. If I get a chance I will try to find a picture for you.

You may want to use versil-flare fittings on the end of the steel lines. They are made by Aeroquip and are basically a compression fitting that adapts to AN style fittings. You could then run braided steel line to your stock fuel rail with special AN / springlock fittings made by Russell and can be found at summittracing.com in the mustang section. I'm planning on running this same setup on a project I'm doing.