Need Help With Impact Wrench

I want to get an impact wrench for my birthday but I have no idea where to start or what to look for. I do not want one that is really expensive either. Is there any that are out there that arent too much and are still good?

Pretty much I just need one that would be able to take off everything for an H/C/I Swap.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

For Example say I got this compressor which puts out 7.75CFM @ 40PSI, which means it will put out 3.4CFM @ 90PSI.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=CLK%2DAC2002B&N=700+%2D146825+115&autoview=sku

And say I got this gun that calls for 4CFM 90 PSI - Things I like about this gun is 1/2in and 375 tq.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_7958_7958

I know it wont work perfectly and I would have to let it refill if I was trying to go quick, but it would work decent if I am correct. Just let me know if what I am saying is flawed.

I love my snap-on one, but if you're looking for something more affordable I also have a chicago pneumatic and a nitro cat beater guns that have never let me down. The nitro cat's 1000lbs and the CP is 650, both work great and won't break the bank.

Yes ... Chicago Pneumatic is a nice unit :nice:

I got an Ingersoll Rand 1/2" that is a bad mamma jamma :Word:

I kinda see it like this ............

For the big stuff, I like a nicer unit as you are gonna ask it to do more work

For the small stuff I just use a less expensive 3/8" unit like you can find at the
Lowes home improvement place.

When I run across frozen exhaust bolts :bang:
I just turn up that bad boy 1/2" IR to max and snap em in a heartbeat :rlaugh:

O Yeah ... The compressor

I got an old sears 2 horsepower twin piston paint compressor that runs off
220 volts. The tank is not quite 3' long.

Seems to me ... those compressors with a really small tank would not have
much reserve and would be running a good bit of the time :shrug:

btw ... you wanna use REAL impact sockets :D

Grady