Need Help With Mach460 System

Mikedip7

New Member
Oct 27, 2017
6
0
1
Picked up a very nice 97 cobra last week, finally got around to looking at the stereo which isn’t working. The factory amp, has been removed... there’s telephone cable and electrical wires being used as speaker wire... and of course, the previous owner cut into the factory harness.

Anyone have ANY suggestions where to even begin? I was debating ripping out all speaker wiring, and just using the power plug and ignoring everything else ?

I know I’ll need crossovers for the tweeters. But can I get away with just using the black(ground), yellow / black(power), blue / red (illumination), and green yellow (memory)?
 

Attachments

  • E85F1AA7-D916-44B0-A830-E87C5645D586.webp
    E85F1AA7-D916-44B0-A830-E87C5645D586.webp
    399.4 KB · Views: 195
If all of the components are there and depending on what the OP did to the harness, you can get the proper harnesses etc from Crutchfield. The head unit has to have a good manually set equalizer(the factory head unit has the equalizer inside it)or the sound is really crappy. The OP put a cheapy head unit with no adjustable equalizer and it sounded like it was coming from the bottom of a well, got with Crurchfield(their tech's are super helpful) and it sounds great now($60.00 Sony on sale with adjustable equalizer)and you can adjust the sound anytime you want.