Picked up a very nice 97 cobra last week, finally got around to looking at the stereo which isn’t working. The factory amp, has been removed... there’s telephone cable and electrical wires being used as speaker wire... and of course, the previous owner cut into the factory harness.
Anyone have ANY suggestions where to even begin? I was debating ripping out all speaker wiring, and just using the power plug and ignoring everything else ?
I know I’ll need crossovers for the tweeters. But can I get away with just using the black(ground), yellow / black(power), blue / red (illumination), and green yellow (memory)?
Anyone have ANY suggestions where to even begin? I was debating ripping out all speaker wiring, and just using the power plug and ignoring everything else ?
I know I’ll need crossovers for the tweeters. But can I get away with just using the black(ground), yellow / black(power), blue / red (illumination), and green yellow (memory)?