need help with mil eliminators...

laser2kgt

Feb 18, 2004
Laredo, TX
ok so i purchased a set of flowmaster original 40s and a mustangtuning o/r x. what am i going to need for the engine light? mustangtuning offered some mil eliminators but they were too steep imo. is there some place i can get em cheaper? say i dont do anything about the light. does that affect my car? streetstang03, im getting the same setup as you what did you do?

• Sponsors (?)

There's a store on ebay that sells the splice in kind, and several of the reputable Mustang sites sell them as well. They require a tad more work (splicing in, heat shrinking for protection, etc,) but work just as well IMHO.

I've used mine (splice in kind bought off ebay for 4 bucks each,) for nearly a year now and have never had an issue. Obviously, being able to follow directions properly is a must. It's a pretty simple design, some sites even offer the wiring diagram for how to make your own. Regardless of how "cheap" this seems to be, keep in mind that the plug in type are the same internal components, with a neater plug in style connector (for those who feel the ease of simply plugging it in is worth the extra money they cost.)

You splice them in to the rear o2 sensor wires.

I had bought the plug n play from summitracing for $50ish. After 2-3 days the SES light would still come on. Kept doing that to me til I got my Diablosport Predator. I turned 'em off and that was the end of it. It wont affect performance if the light comes on since they are the rear 02's, your just getting rid of the light so if you have a real problem you will know.

trailblazr81 said:
I had bought the plug n play from summitracing for $50ish. After 2-3 days the SES light would still come on. Kept doing that to me til I got my Diablosport Predator. I turned 'em off and that was the end of it. It wont affect performance if the light comes on since they are the rear 02's, your just getting rid of the light so if you have a real problem you will know.
I heard some people have problems with them. You should have been able to send them back. I had mine on my car for a year and sold them to a girl in our car club. She had them for 3 months until she sold the car and they worked fine.

DogVomit said:
I have MIL Eliminators. Bought them for about 70 bucks. I used them for about 1 week. You can have them for 30bucks.

Let me know. They're sitting in my stang glovebox...:nonono:

If you need them, they're yours.

are they the plug and play ones or the splicing type? why didnt you use em man?